Home » » This Week's Foodie Freebie: Rival Crock-Pot

This Week's Foodie Freebie: Rival Crock-Pot


Happy Monday! Has it hit you yet that we're going into the month of October in a few days? Where did the year go? Heck, where did the months of August and September go? It seems like yesterday when I was enjoying the Fourth of July! I hope you had a great weekend doing something fun and perhaps feasting on something delicious. This past weekend was busy in my kitchen and filled with friends. You can read about my culinary adventures I had including:

Wine & Dine: South Africa - A fabulous meal of home cooked South African cuisine paired with some great South African wines. Stay tuned this week to get the recipes of the South African dishes we tasted...

Baking, Baking & More Baking - Several friends, two days and 1 hard working oven. Friends came over to bake bread and sweet treats over the weekend. Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we share our experiences in the kitchen!

Farewell to Summer Dinner - Our close friends, Megan and Matt, out did themselves (as they usually do!) with an amazing meal as a final hoorah to summer. Check back this week for the recipes of their scrumptious dinner and check out the link for a cool tip to butter corn!

So it's officially fall now. The fact that I'm pulling out sweaters and wrapping in blankets on the couch is clearly a sign that summer has already checked out. But I'm coping with the fact that there won't be any more fresh, juicy berries overflowing in my grocery store... or sipping fruity cocktails poolside... or even picnics in the park. I've got a lot of fall things to look forward to. Tailgating fare for the upcoming game days, the smells of all the great things baking up in my oven more often, and making comforting foods special to this time of year. Let's not forget Halloween, Thanksgiving and the December holidays. (I'm still stunned the holidays are only a few weeks ahead!)

One kitchen item I relate to fall is a crock pot or slow cooker. The idea is that you use it to cook food for hours on end without any effort and at the end of the day, you've got something hot and ready waiting for you. I use my slow cooker mainly during the fall months for soups, chilis, stews and even braising roasts. It's time for me to dust mine off, but this week, one lucky reader will get a brand new one to enjoy.

Now keep in mind, that slow cookers are not just for the fall and can certainly be used all year round. You can use it for fondues, warm dips, cakes, etc. I have to remind myself of that and maybe after these cold months I'll keep it handy rather than tucked away in the depths of my cabinets. Maybe I should even send this woman an email and get some tips on how to use my slow cooker more effectively throughout the year!


I don't think slow cookers get enough credit as a great kitchen tool. There are so many advantages to cooking with them especially:

- Saving Money: a Crock-Pot® slow cooker, only uses approximately 75 watts of electricity on LOW and approximately 150 watts on HIGH. It cooks all day for only a few cents!

- Saving Time: just add the ingredients, start the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and go off for the day! You’ll come home hours later to a warm and inviting home cooked meal.


But here's a fun Chicago tip for you as it relates to slow cookers/Crock-Pots:
The Naxon Utilities Corporation of Chicago developed the Naxon Beanery All-Purpose Cooker. Rival Industries bought Naxon in 1970, and reintroduced it under the Crock-Pot name in 1971.

This week, one lucky winner will receive a brand new Rival Crock-Pot on Foodie Freebie Friday!

Model #3060-W
  • 6 quart capacity
  • Removable round stoneware
  • Convenient warm setting
  • Dishwasher safe stoneware and lid
  • Power indicator light
  • Recipes Included


Some guidelines:
- Giveaway is only for those who live in the United States - my apologies to my international readers!
- You must check back on my blog on Friday to see if you've won so you can claim your prize!

To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering:

- What is your favorite dish or meal you especially like to enjoy during the fall months?


Deadline:
Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 12 midnight CST.

ONE WINNER will be randomly chosen by Random. Org's Interger Generator based on the number of your comment and will be announced on Friday, October 2, 2009. Good luck!

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger