Home » » Old Bay Fish Tacos

Old Bay Fish Tacos


Just when you think you know someone, you learn something new. I've been married to my husband now for over three years (wow... where did the time go?!) and every day just gets better and better. We're at a point where we know each other's strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes and are pretty good at compromising. I find it interesting that despite how much I know my husband's particular tastes in food, he still surprises me with dishes he really likes.

I made the following recipe the other day for lunch to use the cod fillets that have been hiding out in my freezer. I don't even recall why I purchased it to begin with. There must have been some recipe I wanted to try but never got around to it. (Don't you hate when that happens?) In an effort to make something quick, I seasoned the fillets with Old Bay seasoning*, pan fried it, and stuffed it into a couple heated corn tortillas.

When my husband tried them, he couldn't stop raving how much he liked fish tacos. What? Why is it that this is the first I ever heard him say he liked fish tacos? To reiterate this, we went out to dinner last night and he ordered fish tacos. No sooner did he ask me if I could put fish tacos on our menu for next week. Geez. Had I known earlier, I would have made these more often!

I guess that's what makes our marriage fun... and it's nice to learn something new about the one you love.


Old Bay Fish Tacos
with pico de gallo & cumin chile guacamole
original Joelen recipe

2 large cod fillets
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1-2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
6-8 corn tortillas
1/2 cup quesadilla cheese

Pico de gallo:
1-2 ripe, medium tomatoes, seeded & diced
2-4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 medium white onion, diced
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

Cumin Chile Guacamole - makes 1 cup:
2 ripe, medium avocados, pitted
juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons salsa verde (green chile salsa)
salt and pepper to taste


For the fish tacos:
Place a skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Heat until oil is shimmering.

Meanwhile, season both sides of the cod fillets with Old Bay Seasoning. When the oil is hot enough, place the seasoned fillets in the skillet and brown on both sides. Cook through.

Heat the tortillas as desired (whether its in a hot, dry skillet, oven or even microwave). I use two tortillas for each tacos to have a sturdy base for all the fillings.

Once the fish has cooked through, remove from the pan and cut into pieces to fit inside the tortillas for the tacos. Portion out the fish among the tortillas and top with the pico de gallo and/or guacamole.


For the pico de gallo:
Combine all the pico de gallo ingredients in a bowl and use over tacos or eat with tortilla chips.


For the Cumin Chile Guacamole:
Combine all the cumin chile guacamole ingredients in a bowl and mash well to incorporate. Use over tacos or eat with tortilla chips.


* A special thanks to my friend Eva who gave me the Old Bay Seasoning used in this recipe. She read my post on Chesapeake Bay Salmon and gave me some Old Bay to add to my spice collection!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger