Home » , , » Thank You Autism Speaks for I Am Autism

Thank You Autism Speaks for I Am Autism

Autism Speaks, with its brutally honest new video "I Am Autism", has broken Commandment #6 of Neurodiversity's Ten Autism Commandments which forbids any negative depictions of autism.

The information in the video is not presented delicately but the challenges faced by persons with severe autism and their families are depicted honestly, perhaps too honestly for many. But the people most upset by this video are those who subscribe to the belief that autism is not a disorder but rather something to be celebrated.

My son Conor is severely autistic and he and our family have experienced many of the challenges featured in I Am Autism. I applaud Autism Speaks for breaking the absurd taboo against speaking the truth about autism disorders imposed by those who do not share the realities of severe autism; people like Ari Ne'eman, the very high functioning, intelligent person with Aspergers who does not share the challenges of persons with severe Autistic Disorder. These "Autism" Self Advocates and Neurodiversity ideologues protest because they have essentially co-opted autism disorders since the expansion of the DSM criteria in 1994. They like to call themselves "autistics" and "auties" but they do not want to acknowledge the harsher realities of the severely autistic. The severely autistic are shunted into the closet of suppressed speech where they can remain invisible and not offend the sensibilities of the HFA/Aspergers leaders of the self advocacy movement.

I will speak the truth about autism and I will not be cowed by those who have it much better than my son. I find the continuing attempt to suppress the truth about autism to be offensive and a violation of my son's most basic rights of expression through me and others who speak honestly about his condition.

Thank You Autism Speaks for speaking the truth about autism ... the real autism.




Bookmark and Share
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger