Home » » Cottage Cheese Pufflets

Cottage Cheese Pufflets

Photobucket

This week's Tuesdays With Dorie baking challenge is Dorie's Cottage Cheese Pufflets, chosen by Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes (who has the recipe within her blog). I'm not going to lie - cottage cheese skeeves me out. To me, it looks like bits of styrofoam swimming in milk. I haven't gotten as far as tasting it. ::shudder:: When I read that this week's Tuesdays With Dorie challenge was going to involve cottage cheese, I was skeptical. Really skeptical.

[tuesdays-with-dorie-logo.jpg]

The recipe starts out with combining butter, sugar, salt, cottage cheese and vanilla in a food processor. The texture of this mixture was like whipped cream cheese, until flour was incorporated in. Once it's fully incorporated, a soft dough forms and must chill for a few hours (or overnight) so it can be handled. Once it's chilled thoroughly, we placed it on a floured and rolled it out to prepare it for filling.


When working with the dough, we found it to be sticky and soft, even after ample time to chill. We rolled out the dough and then cut it into squares before filling with jam/preserves. We chose to fill our pufflets with blackberry preserves, but any fruit flavor can be used. A small dollop is placed on each square and the corners are folded over to create a triangle. These preserve filled pufflets are then baked in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until puffed.


So how did these cottage cheese pufflets measure up? Honestly, I thought the recipe was okay. In fact, the dough reminded me of my favorite cream cheese dough recipe I use. Between the cottage cheese dough and the cream cheese dough, I would definitely choose the cream cheese dough over this. Aside from it being easier to make the cream cheese dough, the flavor is just better in my opinion. Needless to say, I don't plan on buying cottage cheese any time soon! To see what other fellow TWD bakers thought, check out their sites!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger