Home » » Spicy Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties

Spicy Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties


I previously hosted a homemade sausage making class and everyone had such a great time. With that event in mind, I made some homemade sausage for my brunch events I hosted this past weekend. Next to bacon, I would have to say these sausage patties are one of my favorite smells on any given morning. I decided to try Alton's recipe for breakfast sausage and made a couple adaptations including using prepared ground pork. The original recipe called for pork butt and fat back to process through a meat grinder... which I don't have. I also omitted the sage but even without it, the sausage came out flavorful with a nice hint of spice. I really liked this recipe and will be making it again to keep in my freezer!


Breakfast Sausage Patties
recipe adapted from Alton Brown

1 lb ground pork
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes


Combine the ground pork with all other ingredients and chill for 1 hour.


Form into 1-inch rounds. Refrigerate and use within 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. For immediate use, saute patties over medium-low heat in a non-stick pan. Saute until brown and cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger