Home » » Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

My absolute favorite cookie in the whole wide world are chocolate chip cookies. They're simple and classic - what's not to love?! The difficulty in making chocolate chip cookies is deciding on which recipe to make since there are just so many to choose from.


Thanks to Bridget, she highlighted 4 different chocolate chip cookie recipes and I encourage you to check out her blog for her reviews! She made it easier for me to decide given the 4 recipes she chose to compare... and because I trust her baking sense (evident here, with the end of my yeast-phobia) I made Alton Brown's Chewy Chocolate Chip recipe. I only made one adaptation to Alton's recipe, which was using whole wheat flour for the original bread flour called for. I didn't have bread flour on hand and didn't feel like leaving the house. The end result? FABULOUS.

The Chewy
(Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie)

recipe adapted from Alton Brown

2 sticks unsalted butter
2¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup sugar
1¼ cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Hardware:
#20 disher/ice cream scooper (I used a smaller, medium scoop)
Parchment paper
Baking sheets
Mixer


Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.

Pour the melted butter in the mixer’s work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough.

When ready to bake, heat oven to 375F.

Scoop chilled dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet if using the #20 disher (or 8 cookies per sheet, if using a medium scoop).

Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.



Sidenote
: While preparing my cookies, I cracked my 1 whole egg into a bowl and it was a double-yolked egg! Although I don't think of myself as very superstitions, double yolked eggs are either considered an omen of death, or pregnancy, or marriage, or good luck, depending on which Old Wife you ask. I guess we'll see what the future holds but if it does mean good luck, I definitely got a dose of it since these cookies turned out perfectly! I guess I'm also lucky that the hubby isn't home so I can enjoy these without having to share!

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger