Home » , , » OVEN FRIED CHICKEN

OVEN FRIED CHICKEN

THE BEST CHICKEN YET


I was sitting at my computer yesterday surfing food blogs and, as usual, the thought of dinner hour looming ever closer was haunting my thoughts. I easily and often find something to bake, but when it comes to cooking, a great meal is usually the result of a deep-seeded craving for a particular food. But when I don't feel a yen for anything in particular, my mind is a total blank.

Around noon, I found myself checking out Dinners for a Year and Beyond and what popped up before my very eyes? Oven Fried Chicken. Revelation !

This I just had to try. I ran right out, bought all of the ingredients - truth be told, I already had most everything in the kitchen - and put together the beautiful buttermilk marinade and left the chicken pieces bathing in this luxurious liquid. I blended the herbed parmesan breadcrumb coating. 30 minutes or so later, I preheated the oven, shook the marinade off of each chicken leg, rolled them in the breadcrumbs, lined them up on a baking sheet and baked.


45 minutes later they were cooked, the breading was crispy brown and the house was filled with a fabulous odor.


The chicken, which I served simply with fresh tagliatelle and jarred ratatouille, was indeed moist and delicately flavored and the coating was crispy and oh so delicious! The only changes I made were adding 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to the buttermilk marinade in place of the hot pepper sauce and I added a rounded half cup of the parmesan cheese to the breading as well as a teaspoon of dried parsley.

This was so simple to put together and so delicious that, thanks to Dinners for a Year and Beyond, I now have a new chicken recipe that I will make over and over again! Cheers!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger