Home » » Light Blueberry Buttermilk Whole Wheat Pancakes

Light Blueberry Buttermilk Whole Wheat Pancakes

Aaah... its the weekend again and what makes this even better for me is that I don't have any entertaining plans whatsoever! With the new year, I made it a point to have one full weekend for myself without entertaining. I definitely need some 'me' time and this weekend is it! to start off the day, I wanted something I could put some effort into for breakfast. The past week my breakfasts have consisted of toasted english muffins, yogurt, cereal, etc... all grab and go type meals. But today I'm treating myself to some of these pancakes. Thanks to Kira, she inspired me to make these and it's a delicious way to start the morning!

I tracked down the original recipe from MyRecipes.com and the only adaptation I made from the original was using whole wheat flour in place of regular all purpose flour. It offered a nice nutty flavor to the pancakes.

Light Blueberry Buttermilk Whole Wheat Pancakes
recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com
yields 9 (4-inch) pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup fresh blueberries
Cooking spray

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, oil, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.

Weight Watchers Point Value = 2 points per pancake
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger