Home » » Winner of Foodie Freebie Friday: Alton Brown's Good Eats!

Winner of Foodie Freebie Friday: Alton Brown's Good Eats!

Foodie Freebie Friday is here! It's already been a long day for me, after a 2 hour commute into work - one way. But thankfully I'm now in the warmth of the office and trying to thaw from the winter cold up here in Chicago.

So back on Monday I mentioned how my first meeting with Alton was a bit embarassing. Here's what happened and I still feel like a dork even though it happened 2 years ago...

I was at a trade show that he attended where Alton was a spokeperson for Shun cutlery. I knew automatically it was Alton because I knew about his connection with Shun (which are outstanding knives, by the way!) So there was Alton right in front of me, about 10 feet away at the Shun cutlery booth. He had his back turned to me and I was a bit star struck. I found it odd that there was nobody between me and his back. Just to Alton's side was a large display of Shun knives and various brochures. I walked up to the display with the plan to nonchalantly bump into Alton. (In retrospect, it was stupid, I know...)

So there I am, immediately behind Alton, pretending to look at this knife display... as if it was more interesting than speaking to Alton himself. Alton turns around and looks at me apologetically.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get in the way of the display," says Alton.

"Oh no worries. I was curious about this line of Shun knives. Do you have a preference in a specific Shun line of knives?," I replied.

"Yes, but I'm kinda busy right now. I'd love to talk to you about it after I get through this line..."

It wasn't until then I saw the extremely long line of eager and excited Alton fans. The line snaked around the Shun booth and I knew it would be almost an hour before I got up to the front of the line. I did end up getting in line and when it was my turn, he greeted me with, "Hi! We meet again!" *blush*

Well that's enough from me. I'm sure you're checking in to find out who won this week's Foodie Freebie Friday! I really enjoyed reading about everyone's favorite Good Eats episode and I plan on printing the comments to give to Alton when I see him in a couple of months. I'm sure he'd love to know how much he's admired! The lucky winner this week will be receiving:

with autographed box

.....*drumroll please*.....

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

36

Timestamp: 2009-01-16 16:05:35 UTC

Comment #36 is from Linda and Matthew who said:

Handsdown favorite episode is the turkey frying episode. My husband and I watch it every Thanksgiving on You Tube. It cracks us up! This year we fried our turkey and used this episode as as guide. So fun!

My husband is a science teacher and just loves Alton. He was just miles from our house during Feasting on Asphalt 1 and 2 and my husband was so disappointed we didn't see him. January 12, 2009 4:18 PM

Congratulations Linda and Matthew! An email has been sent to you to confirm your mailing address so your package can be mailed out today. Thanks to all those that commented and stay tuned to the next Foodie Freebie announcement on Monday, January 19, 2009! You won't want to miss the next one, especially if you love to bake!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger