Home » , , , , , , , , , , » 12 Days of Cookies – The very last day…sort of

12 Days of Cookies – The very last day…sort of

image

This wonderful event, in it’s second year, is the brain child of Andrea of Andrea's Recipes, but this year is being organized and ran by Sandy of At the Baker's Bench.

How I got asked to be involved with this incredible group is beyond me but all the thanks goes to Kelly of Sass & Veracity and after last year I sure earned my way in the hard way! There are 10 of us that have decided to do The 12 Days of Cookies – A bon appétit cookie extravaganza. We will be choosing, baking, tasting, blogging and sharing with you a cookie a day for the first 12 days of December.
These cookies are coming from bon appetit's Holiday Cookie-a-Day Slideshow.

These are my partners in crime. We will all be choosing different cookies and surprising each other. How fun is that???? Be sure to check out their selections for the day!

Andrea of Andrea's Recipes
Claire of The Barefoot Kitchen
Courtney of Coco Cooks
Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook
Kelly of Sass & Veracity
Michelle of Big Black Dogs
RJ of Flamingo Musings
Sandy of At the Baker's Bench
Tiffany of The Nesting Project

P1020348

So for my 12th and final cookie (even though I am days over the deadline :() I chose to make something that wasn’t even part of the bon appétit Holiday Cookie-a-Day Slideshow.  I really need to feel like I have completed the challenge of 12 Days of Cookies though. This cookie is something that I needed to make for one of my girl’s class parties.  And one that she could help me with!!!  It’s easy and comes together really fast too…Man, did I ever cheat on this one!

Chocolate Haystacks (www.bigoven.com)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter or marg.
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 7 tblsp. cocoa.
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup coconut.

Preparation

Boil first 4 ingredients for 1 minute

Then add last 3 ingredients

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto foil lined cookie sheet and refrigerate.

Would I make these again?  Oh yes I would.  Took me about 10 minutes to pull it all together and the kids loved them…

Forgive me for cheating and not doing another bon appétit one but the girl’s really did want to help!!!

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger