Home » » Winner of Foodie Freebie Friday: Food Network Magazine Subscription!

Winner of Foodie Freebie Friday: Food Network Magazine Subscription!

Happy Foodie Freebie Friday! It was great to hear all about your thoughts about Food Network, including your favorite celebrity, past and present tv shows you enjoy watching, and even shows you hope to see aired in the future. Thanks to all those that shared their thoughts about Food Network. Quite honestly, I don't watch too much Food Network these days. I used to plant myself right in front of the tv with it on all day, but in the past few months, I've been too busy to watch very often. When I had more time to watch, I enjoyed shows like Alton Brown, The Best Of (remember that one?!), Unwrapped and Roker on the Road. For me, I really take interest in knowing how and why a recipe works and also origins of foodstuff.

I will say that there is a similar culinary channel I do like watching more than Food Network {gasp!}. I encourage you to look for and check out Create TV. It's not limited to cooking but it does provide instructional programs on cooking, arts & crafts, gardening, home improvement and travel. Some of my favorite shows on Create TV include America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen, Best Recipes in the World with Mark Bittman, How to Cook Everything: Bittman Takes on America's Chefs, Chef's Story, Everday Food, Simply Ming, and many more.

But let's get on track and back to Food Network! We've got two magazine subscriptions to giveaway! So who's getting a healthy dose of Food Network in the mail?


Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

14
31

Timestamp: 2009-01-30 14:17:11 UTC

Comment #14 comes from Mrs.CFH2 who said...

I have a tie for shows: Good Eats and Barefoot Contessa. Alton for the basic knowledge and Ina for the meals...so fattening but soooo good! But we DVR probably 5 shows on a regular basis. If there was a cable package with that and HGTV, I'd be set :)


Comment #31 comes from Renee who said...

What a fun giveaway!

I will watch many of the Food Network chefs, but my favorite shows to watch are Good Eats and Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. As far as recipes I'm attracted to when I browse online, I tend to make more Emeril and Bobby Flay recipes. I also think Anne Burrell was a good addition - her recipes seem to be getting very popular, very quickly.

That leads me into what I would like to see more of on FN - I'd like more shows on more advanced techniques. Kind of like Molto Mario used to be. I feel like I've "outgrown" some of the easier shows since I've been cooking for awhile now - I still make those dishes, but I no longer need recipes or much instruction on how to do them. That's why I think Anne Burrell is a step in the right direction.

- Renee (rels09 on WC)

Congratulations Mrs.CFH2 & Renee! I hope you both enjoy following along with your favorite food network stars with your magazine subscription. Please email me at itsjoelen@gmail.com so I can confirm the mailing address in which to have your magazine subscription sent to.

Thanks again to all those that commented and stay tuned to the next Foodie Freebie announcement on Monday,February 2, 2009! Don't feel discouraged if you haven't won yet - I have a whole year's worth of freebies ahead and next week is one for those who like black & white boxes... (gotta love a teaser!)
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger