Home » » Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread

Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread


This week's Tuesdays With Dorie baking challenge is the Fresh Ginger & Chocolate Gingerbread Cake. This cake incorporates fresh ginger and chocolate into the batter which is then topped with a chocolate frosting. The original recipe calls for baking the cake in a 9 x9 inch square pan, however I opted on using my mini bundt cake pan instead.



I've never been a big gingerbread fan, much less had ginger and chocolate flavors together. This cake did surprise me though and I liked how it had a very balanced taste. The fresh ginger really came through and paired nicely with the chocolate. The only substitution I made was using semisweet chocolate chips in place of the bittersweet chocolate the recipe called for.



I guess I was a bit too anxious to frost my cakes since it was still fairly warm when I frosted them (hence, the 'wet' look)... but it seemed to help accentuate the chocolate tones of the cake. After they cooled a bit, I frosted them again and garnished the top with a bit more sugared fresh ginger bits.


For the holidays, I would probably make this again perhaps as mini cupcakes. It's a nice variation that I like more than traditional gingerbread cake recipe. For the recipe, check out Heather's blog - Sherry Trifle. Don't forget to check out the other TWD bakers for their version of the cake recipe!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger