Home » » My Fears... Conquered!

My Fears... Conquered!

For the longest time, I didn't want to work with yeast. It was just one of those things I didn't feel comfortable working with. The proofing... the idea of it being a living thing that grows in the proper environment... the odd smell. Probably the major reason why it intimidated me so much was the gorgeous breads that could be made with it. I didn't believe I could achieve such success after a few flops I had in the past using yeast.

So tonight I decided I would face my fears. All the breads I've been seeing on some of my fave blogs did me in and I was tired of commenting, 'I wish I could work with yeast so I could try this recipe.' Thankfully some talented food bloggers were kind enough to suggest some recipes to try. Tonight I tried two... a sweet & savory (Click the link for recipes!):

Alton Brown's Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
as seen in the blog, Karen of Loves to Eat
(will be posting pics in the morning!)
Country Crust Bread
(adaptations of fellow blogger, Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles)

Overall, I was so pleased with the way these came out, I've gained more confidence in trying more recipes calling for yeast. I've also become a believer that homemade yeast breads taste so much better than commercial ones (not counting some amazing artisnal ones I've had!).
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger