Home » , , , » Homemade Fig Preserves over Brie

Homemade Fig Preserves over Brie

This was a delicious appetizer served with some crispy whole wheat Carr's crackers!!!

A couple of months ago I was in Whole Food's and they were sampling Thanksgiving food. Loved the chestnuts dressing and a couple of other things but the one that really stood out was the brie that they were serving with fig preserves!

There was no way I was going to spend whatever it was they wanted on something that I thought I could really easily make. So I tasted it and tried really hard to remember what the flavor was like.

I thought I would go to the grocery store and get some figs and make it myself. They had no figs so I had to come up with another plan.

I had some dried figs so after scouting around and checking a bunch of different recipes here is what I came up with!

Dried Fig Preserves

  • 2 cups dried figs (chopped)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1-1/4 water
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)

Directions:

  • Bring the water to a boil and dissolve the sugar. Once dissolved add the lemon juice and simmer for about 1 minute.
  • Add the figs and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring often.
  • Once it has thickened and will coat the back of a spoon remove from heat and stir in the chopped walnuts.
  • At this point you can put it in a jar for canning but I knew I was going to be using it soon so I put it in a plastic container for storage in my fridge.

To serve all I did was bring the brie to rooms temperature as well as the fig preserve and then poured the figs over top and served with some crispy whole wheat crackers. This made for an elegant and simple appetizer for Thanksgiving and will be served again for Christmas!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger