Home » , , » Best of 2008...

Best of 2008...

I debated whether or not I should do this and in the end decided that I wanted to show case my top 10 favorite recipes from the past year! These are my favorites. Not necessarily the most popular ones but ones that I really loved and have made over and over again and have become family favorites. It was also really fun to look back and see how my blog has evolved in the year and half (411 posts) that I have been blogging.

Hope you enjoy...

Souvlaki

I found this perfect recipe for Souvlaki on my good friend Peter's blog Kalofagas-Greek Food and Beyond. Not only is this an incredible recipe but through the year Peter has become a very good friend of mine. When I was on vacation over the summer Peter very graciously took me and my family on a whirl wind tour of my hometown through his eyes. Great person, great friend and incredible blog!!!

Lemon Chicken Scaloppini

This has become one of my families favorite meals. Served with rice the sauce is perfect for it. It is a perfect balance of sour and savory. Love this dish! Thanks The Food Channel!

Greek Stuffed Peppers

This was another recipe of Peter's from Kalofagas-Greek Food and Beyond. I was very hesitant to try this one as it has mint and dill in it. 2 things T. hates but I went ahead and everyone loved it!!! Even my tomato hater!

Pomegranate Lemon Bars

These came to be with a pomegranate that had been tagged for something else that I never got around to making. Oldest daughter was home sick and I thought this would make for a nice treat for her. Turned out wonderful and can't wait to make these again! I also needed to make something for some pics that I needed taken for an interview that I did with the fine folks at Capessa.com. Jo from the Adventures of Kitchen Girl has the links embedded in a great post she wrote about me!!! Thanks again Jo!

Pasta with Squash and Prawns

This is an incredible recipe that is nothing like you wold expect it to be. It is made with butternut squash as the sauce! We eat this quite regularly as it is one of my favorite ways to eat squash!!!

Sunshine Citrus Marinade

This is a very, quick and flavorful marinade to help you jazz up that mid week grilled or broiled chicken. It is one of my most searched recipes and is one that I keep coming back to again and again.

Homemade Fig Preserves over Brie

This was a surprise hit. I had been to Whole Foods and had sampled their version of Fig Preserves over Brie. I figured I could make it myself. Guess what? I did and it was really, really good!!!

Beer Battered Squash Blossoms

I had never had squash blossoms so this was a huge treat for me. I loved them. These a zucchini blossoms which are the easiest to get. All you do it clean them up and whip up this real simple beer batter and fry them gently and munch away! We all love these!

Split Pea Soup (vegetarian)

My family is filled with pretty hard core omnivores with meat playing a very strong role in the diet. Over the past year this has changed...a lot! One of the ways that I did this was to make the vegetables the main attraction of the meal. I have also incorporated many vegetarian dishes into our meals. This one for Split Pea Soup is one of our favorites and most requested from all of them! I found this on Heidi Swanson's Blog - 101 Cookbooks

And last but not least...

Homemade HOT Sauce


I made this for T. for his Christmas gift this year. I had no idea when I made it what a huge success it would be. He loved it and I loved the fact that I could play around with the recipe of he didn't like it. Adjust the vinegar to make is less so, add more or less heat. Possibilities are endless. I go this recipe from Caron's blog To Market, To Market with San Diego Foodstuff and was so happy with it!!!

Honorable Mentions:

Grass Fed Arm Roast, Cooked Slow and Low

Oven Roasted Beets

Pico de Gallo

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Peanut Butter Bars

Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

Hope you enjoyed this roundup of my favorite Top Ten recipes from 2008!

I have loved my first full year of blogging. And it was made all the more wonderful by the incredible food bloggers that I have had the chance to meet and get to know. I would be hard pressed to believe that there was another group of people out there that are more supportive, friendlier and more helpful than food bloggers. Special thanks goes out to:

Kelly
Annie
Ben
Jerry
Peter
Jenn
Val
Jo
Jill
Sandy
Andrea
Elle
Nikki
Courtney
Lori

If I missed anyone I am incredibly sorry...

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger