Home » , , » Cilantro Pesto

Cilantro Pesto

Look at that beautiful, vibrant green color! Can't you just imagine it on a big plate of black beans and rice???

It is nearing the end of my CSA box week. Because of the holidays I have been picking up on Tuesdays. I looked in my fridge today and panicked. One of my friends is out of town and has gifted me her box. That means I have double the food coming and with New Years and all coming not too many veggies get eaten. I planned dinner to get rid of the bulk of it. I have salad greens and peppers left but I had some cilantro that I had no idea what to do with.

I started searching through my cookbooks and hit the Mark Bittman - How to Cook Everything Vegetarian and I found exactly what I was looking for. Cilantro Pesto. Let me tell you about this stuff. It is incredible. If you love cilantro like I do there is nothing better except for pico de gallo heavy on the cilantro. It was strong and filled with all the flavor that I love. Green and fresh. The garlic gave it a nice bite and I can just imagine this drizzled on tacos or nachos or topping some black beans and rice!!!

I made a double batch so that I didn't waste any of my cilantro and plan on freezing it. T. came home and tasted it for me and immediately got out the tortilla chips and started eating it by the chip load!

Cilantro Pesto - How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, by Mark Bittman

Ingredients:

2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro
salt
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp neutral oil, like corn or grapeseed (I used canola and it was great)
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice

Directions:

Combine the cilantro with a pinch of salt, the garlic, and the oil in a food processor or blender. Process and scrape down the sides of the container if necessary.

Add the lime juice and blend for a second; add of little water if necessary to thin the mixture, then puree.

Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve or cover and refrigerate for up to a couple of days or freeze for future use.

To freeze this I place it in a ziploc freezer bag and press flat. Make sure all of the air is out of the bag to prevent freezer burn. Freezing it flat makes it easier for you to break off chunks as you need or want it!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger