Home » , , » Homemade Hot Sauce

Homemade Hot Sauce

See those little seeds of fire??? He really, really liked it!

About a week before Christmas I saw this recipe on To Market, To Market with San Diego Foodstuff. I immediately decided that this was what I was going to make for T. for his Christmas gift. We had decided not to exchange presents this year but this didn't really count...

I searched all over town for the correct pepper's. I was suppose to have Chili Arbols but I could not find them anywhere so I decided that I would just make this with some dried habaneros that I was able to find. Now get this...on the day I was planning to make them I got a wonderful gift box in the mail from my friend Jerry over at Cooking...by the seat of my Pants. It was filled with all sorts of wonderful things and imagine my surprise to find a small bag filled with about 1.5 ounces of dried chili arbols!!!! Sorry Jerry, the salsa recipe sounded great but I NEEDED these!

The only change I did make to this was to add 1/2 ounce of dried habaneros. T. likes REALLY, REALLY hot stuff.

He tasted it Christmas morning and deemed it better than any of the 20 or so bottles that we have on hand. He said that the balance was perfect and he wouldn't change a thing! I have to take his word for as there was no way I was tasting it after almost being overcome by the fumes!!! LOL!!!

Consuelo’s Hot Sauce (taken from Caron's Blog at To Market, To Market...)

1 2oz.-pkg of chiles de arbol

3-5 cloves of garlic

2 tsp. salt

½ tsp. ground black pepper

¾ cup distilled white vinegar

Water (I would save the water that the chili's were rehydrated in next time)


1. Remove stems from chiles and place the chiles in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes or until the chiles are very soft.

2. Remove the chiles from saucepan and place in blender or food processor. Let them cool.

3. Add garlic, salt, pepper and about ¼ cup of water and puree.

4. Add vinegar and blend.

I will be making this again and if you like hot sauce at all this is a good recipe. I may try and make on that is a little less spicy for myself!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger