Home » » Summer Beet Salad

Summer Beet Salad

One of my favorite things to enjoy during these last days of summer is a colorful salad. I haven't used beets very often and when I saw some on sale at the store, I picked up a few just to force myself into using them. I knew when made into a salad it would be something light, flavorful and colorful! This Summer Beet Salad is exactly that... roasted beets pair beautifully with colorful tomatoes, a bed of baby arugula and a perfect amount of creamy Cambazola cheese...


How easily do I forget my love of beets. Growing up I was not a fan... because the only beets I had came out of a can. After realizing how much better fresh beets are when roasted, I have a new love for them. If you can get a hold of different varieties of beets, such as golden ones, try using it in this recipe! They are so colorful and have a nice flavor making it a good salad when combined with tomatoes.

Summer Beet Salad
recipe adapted from Cooking Light

  • medium-sized red beets 
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved [I used yellow cherry tomatoes]
  • 1 cup baby arugula
  • 1-2 ounces Cambazola, gorgonzola, or blue cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
  1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. Trim roots and stems from beets, then drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the beets. Sprinkle with salt and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel beets and cut into bite sized pieces.
  3. Combine the remaining olive oil, mustard and balsamic vinegar in a bowl with a whisk. 
  4. On a serving platter, place the arugula in the center as a heaping mound. 
  5. In a large bowl, combine the beets and tomatoes with a couple tablespoons of dressing; toss to coat. Transfer mixture over the bed of arugula.
  6. Crumble cheese over salad.
  7. Drizzle with more dressing if desired and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger