Home » » "Riviera Style" French Yogurt Cake

"Riviera Style" French Yogurt Cake

Honestly, I didn't think I would be able to participate this week for the Tuesdays With Dorie baking challenge! I had all the ingredients for Dorie's "Riviera Style" French Yogurt Cake that it would be a shame if I passed this week up! It was about 11pm last night and I kept looking over the recipe and my empty kitchen debating whether I should attempt it because all my mixing bowls, bakeware and utensils were all packed away. But as they say... where there is a will, there is a way!


This cake is made by combining almond meal, flour, baking powder and salt... with sugar, lemon zest, mint, eggs, vanilla, Greek style yogurt and olive oil. It seemed like a unique blend of ingredients that worked deliciously well together. The recipe calls for baking in a loaf pan, but since mine is packed away, I baked the batter in paper liners that I placed in a 9x13 baking dish. (This is the reason for the squarelike, freeform shape of these!)

Looking back at how I prepared the cake using plastic storage containers, a teaspoon, 1/4 cup measuring cup (which was incidentally not packed with the others) and a fork, the cake still came out wonderfully. The mint really made these cake bright and refreshing and the almond meal gave it a wonderful nuttiness that didn't overpower the flavor. It was also incredibly moist, thanks to the Greek style yogurt and olive oil that was incorporated into the batter.


For the recipe, check out Liliana's blog, My Cookbook Addiction... and don't forget to check out how our fellow Tuesday With Dorie bakers did with this recipe!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger