Home » , » BITTERSWEET

BITTERSWEET

BITTERSWEET


A Trip to New York and a Food Blog Award


As all of my wonderful friends and readers know, I was off to New York for almost two weeks, but as only a few of you know, I didn’t go on vacation; I went to visit and help out my dear and sadly ailing brother. A truly bittersweet trip. I thank all of you for the friendship and well wishes you have sent to me, it was truly felt. And I thank all of you for popping in and checking up to see if I had returned. I am back home and back blogging. I have so much catching up to do!

A run down of my trip :

BITTER : Seeing my brother, once so incredibly strong and healthy, so active and multi-talented, stricken down by this unforgiving, unrelenting disease, his world reduced to his immediate surroundings and the comfort and limited activities that it can offer.

SWEET : Having been able to spend two weeks with him, laughing with him at jokes on tv, old photos and silly observances. Knowing that I helped him as best I could in such a short time, organizing, explaining, communicating to others on his behalf, showing him my love and support.

BITTER : Being away from home and family. Coming home to a mountain of ironing and a basically empty fridge, having had my delicates washed on not-so delicate (though it was sweet of them to try), ten days or so away from my blog, having to make up time on house-hunting, waking this morning to a sink-full of last night’s dishes, pots and pans, finding that my baking shelf in the pantry was rearranged, everything shoved somewhere else so I had to scavenge through all the shelves looking for each item.

SWEET, BUT OH-SO SWEET : Being back in my husband’s arms, Marty excited to see me and my waking this morning to the usual routine of him running to my bedside and showing his enthusiasm, the boys pleased with the meager gifts I could manage to bring back from New York for them, Simon asking me to bake a banana bread and Clem showing me his incredible, fantastic grade on his second Interior Architecture project, knowing all of my men actually got along for almost two weeks in my absence!

Coming home to a fabulous Daube de Boeuf aux Carottes (Beef with Carrots Stew) made by my favorite Frenchman and oh-so-fab cook JP. Very sweet, indeed!

AND THE CHERRY ON THE TOP : Sam of My Carolina Kitchen surprising me with the Fabulous Food Blog Award! What a wonderful, wonderful surprise! And little did Sam know, but it came at the perfect time, just when I needed something to make me smile and feel so appreciated!


The first rule of this award is to pass the Fabulous Food Blog award on to five fellow bloggers who I believe deserve this distinction. I follow many wonderful blogs, but the five I have chosen are special. These are each amazing, fun to read and inspiring (inspiring me to cook!) food blogs that I turn to almost daily. And Kate, Antonella, Kevin, Maryann and Rania are bloggers whom I have come to consider real friends now; I so love to visit their blogs and I am thrilled whenever I see that they have popped over to visit mine.

1. Kate in the Kitchen
2. Croce e Delizia
3. Closet Cooking
4. Finding la Dolce Vita
5. Yumeezy

These five blogs are invited to pass along the “Fabulous Food Blog Award.” The rules aren’t mine, they came with the award. You must pass it on to five other Fabulous Bloggers in a post. You may find their email addresses on their Profile page or, if not available, post as a "Comment" to their latest post.

You must include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. You must list five of your “Fabulous Addictions” in the post.
You must copy and paste these rules in the post.
Right click the award icon and save to your computer; then post with your own awards. To my way of thinking, this is a nice tribute and it widens the reading audience.

Along with passing the award along, the rules say you must list five of your “Fabulous Addictions.” Here are mine :

1. Food (how obvious is that?) - whether “fine dining”, local fare, street food or homemade
2. Books (cookbooks mostly but police and murder mysteries as well)
3. Really fine, usually Italian, leather shoes and handbags
4. Baking (I am truly addicted)
5. Computer – sadly, I have become addicted to Mudflats, Facebook and food blogs as well as the writing of and preparation of my own blog

Now, that is as close as I get to putting together a list of addictions.

I leave you here with a great big “I AM BACK” and an extra thank you and a great big virtual hug to Sam of My Carolina Kitchen for giving me this much appreciated award!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger