Home » » Lemon Cup Custard

Lemon Cup Custard

Aaand I'm back with this week's Tuesdays With Dorie baking challenge! This week's recipe was chosen by Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles - a food blogger who I admire not only for her cooking, baking and photography skills reflected on her blog, but for helping me gain confidence in using yeast, a fear of mine! (Thank you again Bridget!)


Her recipe selection was Dorie's Lemon Cup Custard and I'm thankful this was an easy one to prepare. I must say that this custard recipe was especially fun to make because Dorie provided a few different custard flavor variations to try including Vanilla, Cinnamon Espresso, and Orange Clove. I decided to make the Lemon Cup Custard recipe since it allowed me to use up what I already had on hand with minimal effort.


The recipe calls for steeping lemon rinds in whole milk, which is then slowly strained and added to whisked eggs and sugar. Once fully tempered and combined, the mixture is baked into custard cups or ramekins in a water bath for 45 minutes. They are cooled and can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.


I made my custard cups slightly differently by using dried lemon peels (which I got from The Spice House) and vanilla soy milk. The original recipe called for straining the lemon infused milk into the egg/sugar mixture... but I found it much easier to strain the milk into a 2-cup measuring cup then slowly pouring in the milk into the egg/sugar mixture. It may have used up more items to wash, but I prefer the ease this method had. Once I baked and cooled the custard, I garnished it with a little raspberry coulis and a sprig of fresh mint. Voila! It was a nice light flavor of vanilla and lemon, which paired nicely with the raspberry coulis.


Be sure to check out Bridget's blog at The Way the Cookie Crumbles and see how the other Tuesdays With Dorie's bakers did with their take on the recipe!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger