Home » » Winner of Foodie Freebie Friday: Cook's Illustrated!

Winner of Foodie Freebie Friday: Cook's Illustrated!

Are you ready for the weekend?! It boggles my mind that we're just finishing the month of February and it's soon to be March! For this week's Foodie Freebie Friday, I was curious to see what cooking and baking resources (books, magazines, websites, etc) use to inspire and guide them in the kitchen. It was a great response of so many places to find recipes, tips and hints! I think it just goes to show how much of an impact cooking and baking has since we all have to eat.

It was especially interesting to see how many enjoy using online sources such as food blogs reflected in personal Google Reader listings and specific recipe websites including AllRecipes.com, FoodNetwork.com, CookingLight.com, Recipezaar.com, etc. There were also many that referred to classic & popular cookbooks such as Joy of Cooking, Better Homes & Gardens, and Baking: From My Home to Yours.

I use a combination of resources using the internet and cookbooks I've collected over the years. With many dinner parties I host around a theme, Google and my Google Reader has been a great tool for inspiration. My cookbook collection is varied where half offer recipes for specific cuisines, types of foods and/or are chef specific. The other half of my collection are more culinary reference books and textbooks with some culinary reads mixed in (think Tender to the Bone, Garlic & Sapphires, Heat, Mangoes and Quince, etc.) Then there are my large wicker baskets of magazine subscriptions including Cook's Illustrated, Saveur, Gastronomica, Cooking Light, Food, Taste of Home, Clean Eating, and Diet & Nutrition. .. and a handful of other trade magazines and publications. Writing these all out, I'm wondering if I should scale back on the amount of culinary information I'm housing!

So for this week's Foodie Freebie Friday, a lucky reader will get a 1 year gift subscription to either the Cook's Illustrated Magazine or Website! It's a hard choice to decide between the two since they both are great resources for cooks and bakers alike!


Magazines: More than 1.3 million home cooks rely on Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country magazines to provide trusted recipes that work, honest ratings of equipment and supermarket ingredients, and kitchen tips.


Websites: Our websites allow members online access to 16 years worth of recipes, menus, up-to-date equipment and ingredient ratings, and video content, including episodes of America's Test Kitchen. Members can easily search for, and print, recipes and shopping lists, build menus, watch videos, plus more.

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
19

Timestamp: 2009-02-27 14:10:43 UTC

Comment #19 comes from Laure who said...

The Joy of Cooking is my cooking & baking bible. I am not sure how a household can survive without a copy of this book! My copy is very worn, very loved. I think it's great to know the basics so that you can feel comfortable with your skills, and build on them with your own unique creativity.

February 23, 2009 10:16 AM

Congratulations Laure! Will you choose the magazine or the website subscription? Please email me at itsjoelen@gmail.com so I can confirm which subscription you'd like!

Thanks again to all those that commented and stay tuned to the next Foodie Freebie announcement on Monday,March 2, 2009! Don't feel discouraged if you haven't won yet - I have a whole year's worth of freebies ahead and next week is one that you won't want to miss!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger