Home » » Cuban Dinner Menu for Rockstars

Cuban Dinner Menu for Rockstars

This coming Friday night (eek - tomorrow!), my husband's long time childhood friends are coming over for dinner. They have known each other since their early teen years through the church they attended. Back then, they played in the church band together. Over 15 years later, my husband and his friends have recently reunited and they started getting together every week to have jam sessions like the "good old days."


My husband plays the drums (yep - I married a drummer!) while the others switch off playing guitar, bass and doing vocals. It's fun hearing them play covers and they're actually really good! This week instead of their usual jam session, we've invited them over for dinner. I feel the need to impress since my husband has talked me and my cooking skills up... the pressure! While determining what to serve, I decided on a Cuban inspired menu. Here's what I have planned and stay tuned for the rest of the recipes and pics of tomorrow's dinner!

Appetizers:
tortilla chips
pico de gallo
guacamole
pineapple salsa cream cheese dip


Entrees:

shrimp & mango skewers


whole baked Cuban style tilapia



Sides:

arroz con gandules (rice with pigeon peas)


spicy black & white beans


mandarin orange & roasted beet spinach salad



Dessert:

guava sour cream pound cake

strawberry banana ice cream


Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger