Home » , » Greek Stuffed Peppers

Greek Stuffed Peppers

Greek Stuffed Peppers!

So I was stumped once again for dinner. Imagine that. A freezer full of crap and I still have no idea what to make for dinner! So what did I do? I "twittered" it.

Peter from Kalofagas was the first to respond and his recipe sounded really good. All except for the fact that his recipe called for mint and dill, 2 of T.'s most hated things and tomato's, the oldest daughters nemesis. What was I to do? Should I substitute and change Peter's family recipe (his Mom's???)? No way, screw the rest of the family. I made it his way and guess what? They all loved it!!!

Just before they went into the oven

Piperies Gemistes (Stuffed Peppers)-Peter of Kalofagas

2 lbs. lean ground beef
12 red peppers, washed, tops cut and inside cored

2 medium onions, diced

1/3 cup olive oil

3 cloves of garlic, minced

1/2 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped

1/2 cup of fresh dill, finely chopped

2 tsp. fresh mint, finely chopped

1 cup of good tomato sauce (pomodoro)

1/4 cup arborio rice
salt and pepper to taste


  1. Wash then cut the tops off your peppers. Hollow out the peppers to rid them of any ribs or seeds. Reserve
  2. Place a large skillet on your stove and heat under medium high heat. Pour in your olive oil then add the onions and garlic and lower to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes to soften the onions.
  3. Add your parsley, dill, mint and and tomato sauce and simmer until most of the liquid is gone and you have a thick mixture. Take off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
  4. Add your rice and ground beef to the onion/herb mixture and and mix all the ingredients using a wooden spoon. Add 2 tsp. of salt and pepper and mix. To taste for seasoning, take a spoonful of the mixture and fry it or cook it in the microwave to taste for seasoning. Afterwards, adjust the seasoning in the mixture to your liking.
  5. Using a spoon, stuff your peppers and line the bottom of a roasting pot. Pour 1 cup of water over the peppers and place them in a preheated 375F oven for 1 hour.
Hints: This is Peter's recipe but I wasn't sure if I was suppose to cook the rice or meat. I cooked the meat but not the rice. I wouldn't do either again next time. I would leave the rice raw and the meat.

I made these during the day and then T. heated them up for us for dinner as I was at Karate with oldest daughter. Delicious for a make ahead meal!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger