Home » , , , , , , , » Roasting a Chicken... or Two

Roasting a Chicken... or Two

Freeze space is a hot commodity in my kitchen. I had 2 large whole chickens staring at me when I opened up my freezer and decided to make room in my freezer by roasting them both. What I'm going to do with 2 roast chickens, I'm not sure... but the possibilities are endless. I've deboned the chickens and will probably use the meat in various ways for when I'm short on time.

For lunch today, we just enjoyed the legs with some roasted jalepeno potatoes and corn on the cob. Simple. Satisfying. As for the recipes, I kept it as effortless as possible:
Here's my recipe for roast chicken:

1 whole chicken
1-2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
2-4 tablespoons spice/rub seasoning of your choice
(today I used Montreal Chicken Seasoning)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse and pat dry your chicken.
Drizzle oil over the chicken.
Sprinkle the seasoning all over the chicken until you have it completely covered. Add more seasoning if needed.
Place your chicken on a rack, set inside a roaster pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 3o minutes, or shorter/longer depending on size of your chicken. Bake until juices run clear.

** You could also stuff the cavity with lemons, limes, onions, garlic, etc... just use your preference for additional aromatics. I chose not to stuff the cavity since I didn't want additional flavor into the chicken. I haven't yet decided how I want to use the chicken so keeping it neutral and simple was my intent.

Here's my recipe for rosemary jalepeno diced potatoes:

1-2 potatoes, diced
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
1 jalepeno, seeded & finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, finely diced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Drizzle oil on a baking sheet.
Place potatoes on a single layer and toss in the oil.
Sprinkle the rosemary, salt & pepper & toss to coat.
Add jalepeno and toss.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until browned & crispy.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger