Home » , » Happy Meat!

Happy Meat!

Not the prettiest cuts but it sure tasted great!!!

I know you've all probably heard me on my soap box about the tainted meat that we are being forced to eat from the supermarkets. All the meat that is pumped full of atibiotics and hormones to allow the animals to grow at a speed very unatural to them. I think I stopped eating meat from the "big guys" around February. I have found several ways around it...costly, yes, but I think that buy eating less meat but a higher quality meat (happy meat) we are seeing extra benefits from it. Quality or quantity is what we are going for here.

A couple of months ago the CSA that I belong to (Worden Farms) sent out an email about beef shares that you could buy into through Crescent C Ranch. All of their beef is grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics, free range beef. I finally talked T. into after about 3 months with no beef. We decided to just get a small order of about 20 lbs where we would get 30 % steak, 30% roasts and 40% ground beef, just to try it out to see if this was the route we wanted to go.

We picked up our order on Saturday and were we ever excited. We also opted to buy some left over meat that didn't get packaged up. So we bought 5 packs of rib steaks and she asked if we wanted any liver...I jumped at that and she threw in 3 livers for no cost!!! I had just bought a new cookbook and wanted to try out a recipe that was in it so it was very good timing!!!

Saturday night we were having souvlaki. That was already planned but on Sunday it was steak night!!! We wanted the full flavor of the steak so we only salted and peppered it and threw it on the grill. We served it with a simple tomato mozzarella salad and the meal was incredible in it's simplicity!!! They are going to be doing another order come the fall so if anyone in the area wants some info on this just email me for it!

Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil with Balsamic Vinegar.

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger