Home » , » Pineapple Shortcakes w/Creme Anglaise

Pineapple Shortcakes w/Creme Anglaise

The following recipe was prepared during my Summer Grilling cooking class. You can read about it and check out the other recipes I made for the class HERE.

Grilled Pineapple Shortcake w/Creme AnglaisOne of my favorite fruits is pineapple. Because of its high sugar content, especially when ripe, they are great on the grill. I was inspired by taking the idea of strawberry shortcakes and using pineapples in place of the berries. To save time, I didn't make the biscuits from scratch so I used biscuits from a tube (the horror!) I used a bottled caramel sauce and my friend Harv made the creme anglaise.

Here is my recipe for Pineapple Shortcakes w/Creme Anglaise:

1 pineapple, rind removed and sliced into rounds
1 tube of prepared buttermilk biscuits (or homemade)
2-3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Creme anglaise (I don't have Harv's recipe for this yet, but you can use your own recipe.
Caramel sauce, prepared (you can use ice cream topping too)
whipped cream or even vanilla ice cream.

Prepare the biscuits as directed. Before baking, sprinkle turbinado sugar over the tops.
On a medium high heat grilled, place pineapple slices and grill with open lid.
Turn the pineapple slices when grill marks appear and the natural sugars begin to caramelize.

To plate, place a sugar topped biscuit on your serving dish and top with a couple slices of grilled pineapple.
Drizzle caramel sauce over the top and serve along size a dollop of creme anglaise, ice cream or whipped cream.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger