Home » » Guest "Kiddie Chef": Alana

Guest "Kiddie Chef": Alana

No specific recipe to share today, however I'd like to introduce you to my guest kiddie chef for the day. My niece, Alana (aka "Nana"), is visiting from Virginia until the end of the week. She's 8 years old and quite a budding little foodie who seems to take after me. Today after work, Alana and I spent some time together the local zoo to check out some apes, monkeys and gorillas...


Alana has quite an adventurous palate (hmmm... I wonder who she takes after?!) and next to sushi (which we enjoyed Monday night), her favorite food are noodles. After our short trip to the zoo, we had dinner at one of my favorite Thai restaurants. There she got to try Thai ba mee noodles for the first time!

With dinner in our bellies, we headed home and got to work in the kitchen making dessert. We initially planned on cookies but decided to have something fresh made with fruit. She loves strawberries so she made some fresh strawberry tartlettes with fresh whipped cream.


Alana asked me if I had some "Cool Whip" for our tarts and told her that I don't usually buy it. Instead, I make it from scratch. She was pretty surprised with my answer so I showed her how whipping heavy cream and powdered sugar is way better than any tub of whip topping. Clearly, she became a fan...


Even her uncle got in on the action!
To make our strawberry tartlettes...

1 package of premade mini graham cracker pie crusts
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Place sliced strawberries in the premade pie crusts.
Combine the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar; beat with a hand mixer or whisk.
Once the whipped cream has formed stiff peaks, place a dollop on top of the fresh strawberries.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger