Home » » 15 Minute Magic: Chocolate Amaretti Torte

15 Minute Magic: Chocolate Amaretti Torte

This week's Tuesdays With Dorie challenge is her 15 Minute Magic: Chocolate Amaretti Torte, chosen by TWD baker, Holly of Phe/MOM/enon. You can check out the recipe for this delicious torte on Holly's blog.
This was a delicious torte that had a perfect balance of almonds and chocolate in every bite. It also reminded me that cookies can be used in other recipes aside from eating on their own. I especially liked how easy this was to put together in my food processor! The recipe calls for using the food processor to combine amaretti cookies (Italian almond cookies) with almonds, then processing a mixture of butter, eggs and sugar...
... to which the cookie & almond mixture is combined with melted chocolate. The resulting batter is then baked in a cake pan. Once cooled, it's then topped with chocolate glaze and served up with an almond whipped cream.
Some things I did differently for this recipe included:

- I used almond meal instead of processing almonds. I found almond meal at my local Trader Joe's grocery store. It's a great shortcut if you don't want to process whole almonds (and it's more affordable than whole almonds too!).

- I baked my torte in a springform pan. I think I must have either sold or lost my cake pans and the next best thing I could bake my torte in was a springform pan. In retrospect, I actually liked baking it in my springform pan because the cake came out perfectly and I didn't have any fears about it not coming out of the pan. In fact, I plan on using my springform pan more often for cakes for that very reason!

- I garnished the torte with toasted sliced almonds and had the almond whipped cream on the side.

I found the torte to be delicious with a nice crumb... not to moist, not too dry. However by the second day it did start to dry out (but not by much). I suppose if you wanted to, before glazing the torte, a nice brush of Di Saronno Amaretto Liqueur would be a nice touch! Be sure to check out how the torte came out for other fellow Tuesdays With Dorie Bloggers!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger