Home » » Bacon, Tomato & Dill Dip

Bacon, Tomato & Dill Dip

For my Chick Flick movie event, I prepared this southern inspired dip which I found online. I initially was looking for a tasty recipe for fried green tomatoes and an accompanying dip. When I went to the grocery store, there were no green tomatoes to be found. This recipe was what I planned on making. Instead of giving up on the dish altogether, I prepared the dip with some crispy bits of bacon and served it with fresh crudites instead.

Bacon, Tomato & Dill Dip
recipe adapted from WBIR
2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup fresh dill
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
3 plum tomatoes, chopped in food processor
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
5 slices of bacon, diced

In a frying pan, fry up the diced bacon until crisp. When crispy and brown, drain and set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients and chill for at least 2-3 hours.
When ready to serve, plate up the dip and top with the crispy bits of bacon.
Serve with assorted crudite.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger