Home » » Chick Flicks: Steel Magnolias

Chick Flicks: Steel Magnolias

One thing I like to do on my spare time (which doesn't come very often!) is watching movies. When my husband is around, movies we watch are usually something violent, action packed or involves Sylvester Stallone or Clint Eastwood. Sometimes those movies just don't appeal to me and I'd prefer ones that are more commonly known as "chick flicks." You know the type... movies that touch on women's issues, tug at your heart strings and well, make you cry.


Thankfully I have some girlfriends who enjoy those kinds of movies every now and then, so today I invited them over for a Chick Flick Sunday. We watched the classic movie, Steel Magnolias. It's a great movie starring Dolly Parton, Julia Roberts, Sally Fields, Darryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis and Shirley MacClaine. This movie is one that involves weddings, pregnancy, motherhood, mother/daughter relationships and the strong friendships between a group of southern women.

As you may know, I can't have guests over without anything tasty prepared! For this girlfriend gathering, I had a few eats where some were inspired by southern cuisine including (with links to recipes!)...

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger