Home » » Cinnamon Chipotle Pork Carnitas

Cinnamon Chipotle Pork Carnitas

I love roasting meats because it makes life in the kitchen so much easier for me. All it takes is a nice piece of meat, whatever spices you have on hand and an oven. The best part is having this seasoned meat to work with for a myriad of dishes.

One of the things I shop for is pork butt or pork shoulder. It's my lucky day when I can snag these specific cuts for $.99 or less a pound. When I do (which is about every other week), I grab one to roast so I can have it to use for dishes like Mexican inspired dishes such as carnitas, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc. or even asian inspired dishes like stir fries, fried rice, or chop up and add to wonton soups. Interested in Italian inspired dishes? You could add roasted meats into lasagnas, pasta dishes, or with Italian seasoned roasted vegetables. The possibilities are endless and aside from pork, this applies to beef and poultry too! These days I know folks are more mindful of finances so hopefully you'll pick up some meat, season and roast it for whatever tickles your fancy.


The latest I've done was this pork shoulder which I seasoned heavily with a cinnamon chipotle rub from McCormick. The flavor of cinnamon goes nicely with the subtle kick of heat from the chipotle! After roasting, I chopped the roast up. For pork carnitas, I took some of the chopped pork and stir fried it in a bit of oil to crisp up even more. Once done, I filled some corn tacos and topped with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and some queso fresco.

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger