Home » » Chocolate Cream Tart

Chocolate Cream Tart

This week's Tuesday With Dorie baking challenge is a chocolate lover's dream! Kim of Scrumptious Photography chose this week's recipe, Chocolate Cream Tart. It's absolutely heavenly and perfect for those chocolate cravings.


This tart was a breeze to make and involved making a chocolate custard by whisking egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a sauce pan. The next step was to slowly introduce some warm milk into the egg yolk mixture and bring to a boil to thicken. After it reaches the right temp and consistency, chocolate is added and stirred until melted.

This chocolate custard was then chilled until ready to assemble the tart.
The chocolate shortbread crust that the custard sits on came together easily in my food processor. With only a combination of flour, unsweetened cocoa, confectioner's sugar, salt, cold butter, and egg yolk, the food processor did all the work! Once the tart dough came together, I placed it in a pan and froze for half an hour before baking.


To assemble the tart, it was just a matter of filling the chocolate shortbread crust with the chocolate custard and topping it with a homemade whipped cream. I also topped it with some caramel toffee sprinkles...


I did make some adaptations to the recipe including:
- For the chocolate custard, I substituted half of the milk with chocolate eclair flavored coffee creamer (because I ran out of milk - oops!).
- I baked my tart dough in a springform pan since I don't have my tart pans anymore.
- Topped the tart with caramel toffee sprinkles for additional flavor and texture.

Be sure to check out how the chocolate cream tart came out for my fellow Tuesdays With Dorie bakers!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger