Home » , , , , » Sweet & Savory Memories: Avocadoes

Sweet & Savory Memories: Avocadoes

Most people will associate avocadoes with savory dishes such as guacamoles or mixed into various salsas. However growing up, I always have thought of avocadoes as a fruit used for sweet shakes and desserts. Maybe this comes from Filipino background and how my parents have used it.

I have fond memories of my mom picking up some avocadoes during the summer months, scooping out the creamy green flesh into a bowl and adding evaporated milk with a tablespoon of sugar. This was such a treat for me! The creamy sweet avocado was so rich and simply prepared this way. As I got older, I was exposed to guacamole and I was hesitant about it at first. I never thought of using avocadoes as a savory ingredient!

So this post is in honor of my sweet memories of avocado. I've updated my mom's preparation of avocadoes by making an avocado shake. It's not all that unusual as I've seen avocado shakes on a few menus, especially at boba tea shops. Here's my recipe for an Avocado Vanilla Shake:



1 medium ripe Haas avocado
1/2 - 3/4 cup 2% milk
3 tablespoons raw sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
1 - 1 1/2 cup ice cubes


Add ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If its too thin, add more ice.
If its too thick, add more milk.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger