Home » , » When life hands you rotting peaches...make a crisp!

When life hands you rotting peaches...make a crisp!

Peach and Blackberry Crisp

I hate for food to go to waste. I think it is something to do with the time and effort that it takes to come up with the very best ingredients to feed my family. I guess sometimes you will lose a bit but I do anything I can to figure out something to make with it!!!

The other day I happened upon a very tiny produce stand. I knew that they would have noting local this time of year but I needed a couple of things and I would much rather shop at a produce stand than a grocery store any day!!

This was the same place that I got my Key Limes for the Key Lime Pie I made for this month's Royal Foodie Joust. They also had some early season GA. peaches. I bought a small basket thinking the girls would just gobble them up. Wrong. They just sat there until yesterday when I went to throw them out. I changed my mind about tossing them or feeding them to Enorma (our composter) and instead decided to make a crisp with them.

A Crisp recipe is one of the easiest and most versatile recipes that exist. You can use virtually any fruit or a combination of several. I happened to have some - seen better days - blackberries that I decided to add to. This ended up turning out great. I served it with some fresh whipped cream on the side. Was the perfect ending to our grilled vegetable meal!!!

Click here for recipe!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger