Home » , , , , , , » CARAMELIZED PEARS AND CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM MILLE-FEUILLES

CARAMELIZED PEARS AND CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM MILLE-FEUILLES

DYNAMIC DUO: THE GUEST POST

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


My very first guest post on another foodie’s blog. And not just any blog. Mowielicious. Stunning in its simplicity, dramatic in color and style, desserts as luscious, rich and beautiful as the photography, I fell in love with Mowie’s blog on my first visit. When Mowie asked me to guest post on Mowielicious, I was amazed, thrilled and nervous; how could my simple, homey desserts, my flamboyant writing, my oh-so-personal tales of food and family fit into the beauty that he creates? But say no to Mowie? Not a chance! We’ve become such friends, that why not accomplices as well? Images flitted through my brain of us cooking and writing together, like the Dynamic Duo of the kitchen, his yin of culinary and artistic/photographic talents and my yang of writing, like Batman and Batgirl, like Peel and Steed, bringing excitement and adventure to the Gotham City of the food blog world! So I set out to create something beautiful, something special for him.


CARAMELIZED PEARS & CHOCOLATE PASTRY CREAM MILLE-FEUILLES

A thing of beauty has always had a profound effect on me. The rich beauty of a Van Eyck, the brooding beauty of a Rothko make my knees weak and send shivers up my spine. The magnificent splendor of the Cathedral in Sienna, the majesty of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater leave me breathless. I bury my face in a bouquet of flowers, breathing in the heady scent of beauty. A handmade quilt made with loving hands, a milliner’s confection of straw and feathers and plump silk flowers, the perfect picture of feminine beauty. And when it comes to food, place before me a chef’s creation, carefully, thoughtfully plated, tender slices of meat or fruit, a drizzle of a fragrant sauce, delicate tiny vegetables or light-as-air mousse, the red of red raspberries and currents or deep pumpkin orange, spun sugar like angel’s hair or swirls of chocolate, and my eyes fill with tears. I breath deeply to capture the aroma, every essence, every spice, I turn my eyes back to the beauty before me, I am overcome with emotion and I am reluctant to destroy the magic.


Mowie’s blog has this effect on me. The stunning simplicity of his blog, the lushness of his photography, rich, deep colors against stark white, sensual and mysterious, the beauty of his culinary creations and I am in awe, once again breathless, speechless. His talent bursts from the whiteness of the page, his sincerity and honesty spill across the screen. It is truly a thing of beauty.


Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger