Home » , , » My Favorite Summer Lunch

My Favorite Summer Lunch

It seems like every summer I get on a different kick as to what is the perfect summer salad. Last summer I ate Tomato, Basil and Fresh Mozzarella until it was coming out my ears and this summer it’s Texas Caviar, or as I like to call it “Black-eyed Pea Salad”, and it is truly perfect.
The acid is well balanced and the jalapenos give it just enough zing. This can be made in the morning in a matter of minutes and ready for me when I am starving at lunch. The other day I even shoved it into a flour tortilla shell and took it to the beach with me for my lunch!!!
P1010551
Black-eyed Pea Salad or Texas CaviarSaveur Magazine Online
2 15-oz. cans black-eyed peas,
drained and rinsed
1⁄4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 serrano chile, stemmed, seeded,
and finely chopped (I use 2 jalapeno peppers)
1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded,
and finely chopped
1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,
to taste
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
2. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve on top of lettuce leaves.
As Always…
Happy Entertaining!!!
Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger