Home » » Mangolicious Bread

Mangolicious Bread

This week for our Tuesdays With Dorie baking challenge, Kelly of Baking with the Boys chose Dorie's recipe for Fresh Mango Bread. It's a delicious recipe that is more reminiscent of a cake than a (quick) bread.


This recipe involves preparing a dough of the usual suspects - eggs, oil, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. The fun part comes when ground ginger, ground cinnamon, fresh lime zest and fresh mangoes get added in.

I didn't have much luck finding good, juicy mangoes at the grocery store, so I settled for frozen mango chunks... but not just plain mango chunks. This package of "Mangolicious" frozen mangoes caught my eye which included some frozen raspberries and blueberries.


The dough wasn't exactly a batter, as one would assume for this supposed quick bread. It was rather crumbly, especially when the fruit was introduced. I was sure I botched something along the way since I packed the dough into my loaf pan...


But after baking for almost an hour and a half (which I thought was rather long), it did come out nicely. I liked how the raspberries and blueberries gave the bread some bursts of color and I look forward to making french toast with this later in the week!

Be sure to check out how the other Tuesdays With Dorie bakers did with their Fresh Mango Bread!

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger