Home » » Tartest Lemon Tart

Tartest Lemon Tart

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie baking challenge fell right around Mother's Day, allowing me to make something delicious for my mother in law. I would have baked for my mom, but she's enjoying the tropical sunshine and delicious foods overseas (so jealous!). These Tartest Lemon Tarts were the perfect gift, or "a labor of love" (as my mother in law puts it), making our Mother's Day gift something she enjoyed.


To make the tart, a whole lemon and a half was used - peel and all! It's no wonder that these definitely live up to it's name as being the Tartest Lemon Tarts.


The recipe calls for placing a whole lemon and a half into a blender with sugar. Thankfully, my Vitamix blender did a fine job with no problem.


Once blended to a pulp, an egg, egg yolks, cornstarch, heavy cream and melted butter is added to the mix. It takes another whirl in the blender before pouring into a pre-baked tart shell.


After it baked for under an hour, I let them cool, chill and garnished with a dusting of powdered sugar and a fresh mint leaf from my Aerogarden.


Changes I made to the original recipe was reducing the amount of filling and dough to make enough tart dough for 3 smaller tarts, since I knew my mother in law wouldn't be able to finish a whole one. It was the perfect amount that fit nicely in the box I used.


For an additional treat, I made my mother in law some chocolate covered strawberries too. They came out okay and she definitely loved everything. Thanks to Babette of Babette Feasts for choosing this recipe! Be sure to check out how other Tuesday With Dorie bakers did with their tarts!

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger