Home » » Blue Cheese & Crispy Shallot Burgers

Blue Cheese & Crispy Shallot Burgers

I've been craving burgers in a fierce way lately. It started with the burger I got last week for lunch that lead to sliders I had over the weekend and another burger I had for lunch yesterday. Tonight my burger craving was still going strong so I made burgers for dinner. With the exception of my recent sliders, all the burgers I've had this past week were topped with blue cheese and included caramelized onions. Tonight, blue cheese found it's way into my burgers along with crispy french fried shallots.

Normally I prefer my burgers simply seasoned with garlic salt and pepper, which is then topped with cheese and other varied toppings. Since I had 93% lean ground beef to work with, I needed to add some fat into the mix so I combined the ingredients to make my patties. After they were grilled in my grill pan, off they went to settle inside a soft, sweet King's Hawaiian sandwich bun. Mmm... I think I've finally satisfied my burger craving!

Blue Cheese & Crispy Shallot Burgers
original Joelen recipe, inspired by favorite burgers ordered out

1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef (93%)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup french fried shallots*
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Salt to taste (although you may not need it since the cheese is salty enough)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

* I found french fried shallots at my local asian market, since it's often used as a garnish. If you can't find them at the store, you can make your own or use french fried onions instead.


Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and mix carefully without overworking.


Form 6 patties or 12 mini patties for sliders.


Place patties on a hot grill or grill pan. Cook to your desired wellness and serve on a bun with your favorite toppings.

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger