Home » » A Weekly Serving - 12/18/2010

A Weekly Serving - 12/18/2010

Happy weekend to you! Can you believe Christmas is only a week away?! This past week has been really busy with so many things. But first, let's review...

Here's what I cooked up in the kitchen this past week...

One of the better chocolate chip cookie recipes I've made!

When you can't decide between a soft taco and a burrito...

Cannelloni is easier than you think to make...

Truffles are elegant and easy to make!

White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti 
These are perfect with a cup of coffee...


Here are the recipe collections I've posted this past week...







Some recipes that caught my eye and I bookmarked, which I hope to try out soon!...

Caramelized Sea Scallops (Celeste @ Sugar & Spice) - I need to cook more seafood dishes... and this one looks amazing!

Cheddar Bay Biscuits (Angie @ Telly's Tasty Tidbits) -I'm not a fan of Red Lobster but these biscuits are their only saving grace...

Mocha Crinkles (Cate @ Cate's World Kitchen) - I like the addition of espresso in these!
 
Shrimp & Persimmon Salsa in Tortilla Cups (Dara @ Cookin Canuck) - Persimmons are not common in my kitchen but this recipe encourages me to use it!

French Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Annie @ Annie's Eats) - Annie's blog is one of my all time favorites. I especially love when she features savory dishes... like this one...

Eggnog Ice Cream (Lauren @ Lauren's Kitchen) - Only three ingredients to make ice cream? I'm all in!



My weekly musings on Family, Food and Fun...

Family -
Joel is doing great this week. He's been working hard at crawling and I'm anxious for the day he gets it down. (Although I may be speaking prematurely since I'm not sure I'm quite ready for him to be mobile... lol). He has the back scoot moves down and now he's doing the dive motion or rocking on all fours. It's funny and I love how determined he is :) This past week he was 31 weeks old and here's a recent pic...


Food/Restaurant News - This week was especially busy in the restaurant. A lot has been accomplished in terms of logistics so we're definitely coming along. Each day this week was spent on testing and tweaking recipes that will be on our menu. We have one more round of tastings on Monday so it's been a relief to get our recipes and dishes decided on. We've also pretty much finalized our menu and I'm working on food descriptions now. Since the menu is what really drives a restaurant, everything will be easy peasy from this point. Tonight, we're checking out 2 local spots with similar menus to see how they compare in terms of atmosphere, menu, service, etc. So far, I must say that my business partners are awesome. We get along really well and I couldn't have asked for better guys to do this with. Finally, I can say I truly love, love, LOVE what I'm doing. Confucius once said, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." I guess I stopped working a week ago. :)


Fun - Since its been so cold lately, we've been enjoying time indoors and watching a lot of movies. This week was also the last week of culinary school. I met up with some of my classmates for a semester end dinner at a local restaurant and coordinated a tour of the restaurant's kitchen. We all had a wonderful time and it was great to hang out with my classmates outside of the kitchen.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger