Home » » Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia

Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia


A favorite of many, brownies are the focus of today's Tuesdays With Dorie! This week's Tuesdays With Dorie baking challenge is Dorie's Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia, chosen by Tanya of ChocolateChic (who has the recipe within her blog).

[tuesdays-with-dorie-logo.jpg]

These brownies were a bit different in that the texture was super fudgy than I expected. Baking for only 25-28 minutes, these brownies came out very gooey and unsure if they were supposed to be this runny, I baked them a bit longer until I had a more solid texture and crumb. Overall, these were probably the most fudgiest brownie I've ever made. I prefer brownies that are more chewy and dense versus ones that are more like fudge.

I did alter the recipe slightly which may have contributed to the fudgy texture. The recipe calls for using both unsweetened and bittersweet chocolate. I only had bittersweet chocolate on hand so I substituted the unsweetened portion with peanut butter chips. My husband isn't a fan of peanut butter but was a fan of these. I suppose it was a nice twist from the original recipe!


Thanks to Tanya for selecting this week's TWD baking challenge. Hopefully others who tried this recipe had better luck that me or liked it more than my husband. Please check out Tanya's blog for the detailed recipe and be sure to take a peek at fellow TWD's to see how their recipe came out!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger