Home » » Bagel Pizzas

Bagel Pizzas


Bagels aren't just for breakfast! All day I was contemplating what I would have for dinner. I'm solo for dinner tonight and my initial plan just didn't really sound good, partly because it was a bit time consuming and I'm feeling lazy today. At one point, I was considering breakfast for dinner.... but eh, after having breakfast out with my husband earlier this week, I didn't want to repeat the same meal.

So I'm staring inside my fridge looking for inspiration. Nothing. I look on my kitchen counter and I have a package of onion bagels sitting there. Back inside the fridge, I notice a package of pepperoni and some leftover tomato sauce.... and I always have cheese on hand. Suddenly, the idea of bagel pizzas hit me.

Back in the day, I remember when the popular 'Bagel Bites' hit the stores. They were one of my favorite snacks throughout college and it's been way too long since I had one, much less made them at home. For tonight's dinner, I used regular sized onion bagels, made a quick pizza sauce and topped my pizzas with a combination of shredded Italian cheeses and pepperoni slices. Feel free to top with whatever you have on hand, which is a great way to use up leftover, random ingredients.

Bagel Pizzas
makes 10 bagel pizzas

5 regular sized bagels, split in half
1 cup pizza sauce (recipe follows)
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
assorted toppings of your choice

Preheat your oven to 375.

Spread each bagel half with a tablespoon or so of pizza sauce. Top with shredded cheese, your preferred toppings and top with another sprinkling of cheese.

Place each topped bagel half on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining bagel halves.

Bake the bagel pizzas in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the cheese melts and turns a golden brown. Serve hot.


Easy Pizza Sauce
recipe adapted from AllRecipes
makes about 3 cups

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground paprika
salt & pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, Mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic powder and paprika. Add salt & pepper to taste
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger