Home » , , , , » Harsh Autism Reality in Nova Scotia

Harsh Autism Reality in Nova Scotia

Canadians are hoping right now for the safe return of 7 year old James Delorey, the non-speaking autistic boy who wondered from his Cape Breton home Saturday afternoon before snow and wind conditions picked up.

I have some idea of the fear and other emotions the family of this boy are feeling right now. In a 2006 comment on this site, Vigilance, Constant Vigilance I described the terror I felt , for a brief period, when my autistic son Conor went missing while I was occupied on a business phone call. That situation could have turned out badly but he, and I, were fortunate as a good Samaritan stopped and helped him across a busy street to a convenience store where I was able to retrieve him after calling 911.

I hope beyond hope that it turns out as well for young James Delorey and his family. Autism has many wandering children. It is one of the gravest dangers and harshest realities faced by autistic children and their families. It is an autism reality that the world needs to hear about.

Let's all hope for a Christmas miracle and James Delorey's safe return.




Bookmark and Share
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger