Home » , , , » Read Watch & Eat!: French Fare

Read Watch & Eat!: French Fare

Some things I enjoy are reading and watching movies. At the beginning of the year, I came up with the idea of pairing these two things with food... and my Read, Watch & Eat events were born. I hosted these events for girlfriends and decided to share the event idea with my cooking group... since they love a reason to cook!


For the month of August, we read the book, The Diving Bell & The Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby prior to coming together. Today, we watched the 2007 movie version and had a potluck of French inspired dishes. Unfortunately I was so busy in preparing and hostessing my event that I wasn't able to get any pictures in of our French spread. However here are the dishes and links to the recipes of the items that came to the table:

Steamed Mussels in White Wine
shared at the event by Joelen

Spinach Quiche
shared at the event by Nina

Pate
purchased & shared at the event by Joyce

Baked Tomato w/Basil
shared at the event by Yumi

Potatoes Anna
shared at the event by John

To join in the fun, my fellow bloggers have submitted their favorite French inspired recipes! As I do with each blogging event I host, a lucky blogger receives a giveaway related to the food theme. This event's winner is Laura of Laura's Home Cookin! Laura will be receiving Herbs de Provence and dried Lavendar buds to play with in her kitchen. Congratulations Laura and thanks to all that participated in the blogging event! Read on to check out the recipes submitted by my fellow bloggers...

Laura of Laura's Home Cookin
from Minnesota
Crepes
What's a French Food blogging event without Crepes?! Laura shares with us her favorite crepe recipe and shows how versatile they are for something sweet or savory. For her recipe, check out her blog!
Kate of Paved With Good Intentions
from California
Brie and Ham Quiche
Kate shares with a one of my favorite French dishes - quiche! Her quiche takes brie cheese and ham to a whole new level and I'm anxious to make this myself. Check out Kate's blog for the recipe!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger