Home » , , » Fishing for Dinner

Fishing for Dinner

I had a craving for seafood today and so I fished out some tilapia to bake. I came across this recipe and tried my hand at making it a little healthier. It also gave me a reason to try out some Cajun seasoning I recently bought! The recipe isn't really labor intensive... in fact I'm sure a child could do it! I served this with 2 small baked red potatoes and some steamed broccoli.


Here's my adapted recipe for Cajun Seasoned Tilapia:

4 to 6 tilapia fillets, fresh or frozen
cooking spray or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
Dash black pepper

Heat oven to 400°. Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
Combine the seasonings in a gallon sized freezer bag.
Place one tilapia in the freezer bag and shake until fully coated.
If using frozen tilapia fillets, dip the tilapia in water to moisten before placing in the seasoning bag.
Arrange the seasoned fish fillets on the prepared baking pan.
Brush the fillets with melted butter or spray with cooking spray.
Bake the fish fillets for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until fish is cooked through.
Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger