Home » » 'GoodBye' Butter Cupcakes

'GoodBye' Butter Cupcakes

It's Friday. For some, it's a day to be happy and gear up for the weekend. For me, at least today, it's truly bittersweet. I'm saying goodbyes to an amazing group of people I've had the pleasure of working with for the past couple of years. I mean, I've moved from different firms before, but this time it's a bit different. But before I get into that, let's be sure to end the week on a sweet note. I know I've shared plenty of chocolate love this week but I'm closing things out with a non-chocolate treat. These 'GoodBye' Butter Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream seemed like the perfect option because it's a classic. Buttery cake with a tender crumb is crowned with fluffy vanilla buttercream and adorned with colorful sprinkles with a kiss of chocolate on top. This cupcake brings sunshine and smiles, just like the people I have worked with...


A couple years ago, I re-entered the workforce. It was hard because I previously spent a year and a half getting my feet wet as a new mom and staying home to do so. Then I made the bold decision to get a divorce and physically separate from my then husband. With an 18 month old little boy on my hands to raise myself, I was so thankful to have found a job so that I could support myself and Joel. Granted, it was far from the type of job I was used to when I was working downtown among corporate executives... But it was a place that allowed me to grow in so many ways. My confidence grew knowing I had the ability and the means to change things for the better as I settled into single parenthood. My work experience grew, having more exposure to the pharmacy benefit management / pharmaceutical industry, which even resulted in getting my pharmacy certification. My friendships grew, especially at a time in my life where I felt alone, yet the new friendships I've made have helped me move forward. Saying goodbye to the people who have touched my life everyday at work during the past couple of years is so bittersweet. They probably don't even realize how much I appreciate them for how they've unknowingly been there for me throughout the hardest, toughest time of my life. And now it's time to move onto the next chapter that awaits me. I can only hope the team I'll be joining at my new workplace will be another place where I will continue to grow myself, my career and my friendships even more.

At work, I guess one could say I'm known for my cupcakes since I will often bring in a tower of cupcakes for a birthday celebrant to enjoy. If not cupcakes, it would be my random baked goods or a batch of gluten free goodies I wanted to test out among non-gluten free friends. Well, this cupcake is a classic. Everyone can appreciate this because it's so simply stated. The sprinkles add the fun and the Hershey's Kiss? Well, that's just a little love for those who make going to work a little sweeter.

Thank you to everyone in the Case Review Unit, Formulary Administration, and fellow colleagues for helping me grow for the better... :) 

Butter Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream

1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
  • 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) softened unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Vanilla Buttercream (recipe follows)


Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin pans with paper liners; set aside. 

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low speed until fully combined. Add softened butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Carefully add wet ingredients in 3 parts with the mixer on medium speed. Scrape down sides of bowl after each addition of wet ingredients. Continue to beat the batter until all the ingredients are incorporated - be careful to not overbeat!
Using a scoop, evenly divide batter among liners, filling each liner about 2/3 full. 

Bake filled liners in preheated oven and rotate pans halfway through. Continue to bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, roughly 17 to 20 minutes.
Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting. 


  • Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
  • recipe from Martha Stewart / Billy Reece

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Colored Sprinkles for decorating
  • Hershey's Kisses for decorating


In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. 

Reduce mixer speed to low. Add 6 cups sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.

If necessary, gradually add remaining 2 cups sugar to reach desired consistency.

Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting liberally onto cooled cupcakes. 

Coat sides of frosting with sprinkles and garnish with a Hershey's Kiss.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger