Home » , » An Interlude for a Few Announcements

An Interlude for a Few Announcements

The Joys of Being a Writer

One writes to make a home for oneself on paper, in time 
and in others’ minds. 
– Alfred Kazin 


An active, wild week or so peaking in a wedding anniversary. But not only. Interviews, one given, two taken. And the culmination of months and months of work, hard, persistent, passionate work. Short and sweet, this post will be simple and straightforward, just some exciting announcements I am thrilled to share with you.



My first piece has been published in The Art of Eating (“Arguably America’s most erudite and prestigious food publication.” The Wall Street Journal) – issue n° 91.



Real Old-Fashioned Blanquette de Veau is the story of my quest for the authentic Veal Blanquette, a classic of French home cooking. I take my reader on a journey through both culinary and literary history and end up in the tidy blue and white kitchen of Marie-Noëlle as she recreates her own traditional version. I share the announcement with Ilva Beretta who styled and shot the photograph of the Blanquette. (A huge thank you to tremendous editor Edward Behr)

Writing only leads to more writing. 
– Sidonie Gabrielle 


The week offered more happy surprises. I also have my first piece published in the print version of The Foodie Bugle (“… an absolute feast of content.” The Kitchn) – issue Reveille 2.


Seeing Red: The Bittersweet History of the Radish is my playful article on the root we love to hate. Or have throughout history. Once again, I am thrilled to have collaborated with the über talented Ilva Beretta whose stunning photographs bring life to my writing. (Thank you to very talented editor Silvana de Soissons).

Wedding anniversary roses.

Although I have been interviewing a string of chefs and producers in my city of Nantes, I myself was interviewed this week by a journalist for a very short piece on in an upcoming issue of ELLE France Nantes supplement.

Ilva and I are taking a short break from Plated Stories, a break allowing each of us to meet various deadlines and complete projects. But we will not leave you empty-handed. We will offer a few thoughts, a flourish of photographs to carry you through to the time we are back in full force, overflowing with time and energy and more stories to serve up, images and words plated for your delectation.

Believe me! 
The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness 
and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously! 
– Friedrich Nietzsche 
 
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger