Home » » A Weekly Serving - 3/19/2011

A Weekly Serving - 3/19/2011

This week has been an eventful one and I hope you had a great week yourself. Here's my weekly musings on family, food, and fun...


Family - Joel is 45 weeks old this week and only 7 more weeks until he turns 1 year old... the countdown continues! I've started planning out his 1st birthday and will soon have the invitations so I can send them in a couple weeks. Eek... I'm so excited! But by far, the one thing I'm anxious about is cutting his hair for the first time. He's sporting these weird hair "wings" on either side and I'm so tired of tucking them back behind his ears. That, and having to push back his long locks since they tend to cover up his eyes. We tend to joke how he's rocking out the Asian 'Justin Bieber' look. Ha! 

I went out of business this past week and it was the longest time apart from Joel... which was hard. But I got to hear him over the phone every day I was away so that helped. While I was away, he stayed with his grandparents in the suburbs, giving Louis some time to himself too. It was a much needed break we both took advantage of!

And lastly, some pics from this week's photo session. Joel is pretty much protesting socks and shoes lately so here's another week of chubby toes...







Food/Restaurant News - It was another slow week and not much to report. It's crazy how it's been 2 full months since the fire and barely any work has been done. I'm anxious to see how this all plays out. Thankfully I've got myself keeping busy with foodie stuff!

Fun - So as I mentioned earlier, I was out of town for a few days this week. I went to Texas - my first time this far south - and I had a wonderful time! Time, Inc, the company behind popular magazines such as Real Simple, Cooking Light, All You, Southern Living, etc. reached out to me a few weeks ago to participate in a video/webisode shoot for one of their clients, Frito Lay. I joined 2 fellow bloggers, Leslie of The Hungry Housewife and Michelle of The Domestic Mama on this fun culinary adventure.

Frito Lay is headquartered in Plano, TX and there, we got to work with Executive Chef, Stephen Kalil of the Frito Lay Flavor Kitchen. It was an amazing opportunity to learn about the research and development behind Frito Lay product flavors. Here are some pics from my trip and I'll be posting a more detailed account of the experience later this week. I couldn't fit all the fun tidbits in this Weekly Serving so stay tuned for a full serving with all the details!


Here's a roundup of what I cooked up in the kitchen this past week...

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a great week ahead!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger