Home » » Ultimate Grilled Cheese

Ultimate Grilled Cheese


Not too long ago, I shared how my dad used to take me and my siblings out to Baker's Square. This was years ago when I was in junior high and high school and ever since, the restaurant had a special meaning. My husband and I went to Baker's Square during the holidays and one of their sandwiches caught my eye. On their menu is a 'Grown Up Grilled Cheese' sandwich that I've ordered the last two times I've dined there. The description of the sandwich pretty much sums up why I think it's the 'ultimate' grilled cheese sandwich...
Cheddar, mozzarella and American cheeses melted with tomato and hickory-smoked bacon inside our Parmesan-crusted bread.
Yeah, this isn't your typical Wonder bread grilled cheese sandwich! I'm solo tonight since it's my husband's jam session night with his band. For dinner, I treated myself with this homemade version of an Ultimate Grilled Cheese sandwich. I used a Poolish baguette I made yesterday but any sandwich bread will do. I also omitted the tomato since I'm getting the tomato flavors with the Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup I also made to enjoy with this sandwich.

* Thanks to fellow 'Nestie', Janet, she shared with me the following link to more Grilled Cheese Sandwich ideas for those who can't get enough grilled cheese... enjoy!

Ultimate Grilled Cheese
recipe inspired by Baker's Square

2 slices of good quality sandwich bread of your choice
2 slices of bacon, cooked to your preference
1 slice swiss cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 slices American cheese
1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1-2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, minced



Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet over low to medium-low heat.

Place the cheese slices and bacon strips over one bread slice. Top with the remaining bread slice, pressing down gently to set.

Combine the softened butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley in a small bowl.

Brush the sandwich top completely with half the butter mixture; place the buttered side of the sandwich down in the hot skillet. Brush remaining side of each sandwich completely with remaining butter mixture. Cook until crisp and deep golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes per side, flipping sandwiches back to first side to re-heat and crisp, about 15 seconds. Serve.


This recipe has been entered in Panini Happy's 2nd Annual Grilled Cheese Pageant!

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger